CN TOO ANIMATION TOOL TERMS AND CONDITIONS (“Terms and Conditions”)
1. INTRODUCTION. The Service (as herein defined) to which these Terms and Conditions apply is operated by Turner Broadcasting System Europe Limited (the “Promoter”), a Company which has its registered office at Turner House, 16 Great Marlborough Street, London W1F 7HS, United Kingdom. The Promoter produces the UK television channel branded “CN Too” (the “Channel”) and administers the website www.cartoonnetwork.co.uk/cntoo (the “Website”). For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions, “Service” means the service which enables users to create animations by uploading a series of photographs of their child so that Promoter can publish the same on the Website and, if so opted by users and subject to the users’ signing and returning to Promoter of a Release Form (as herein defined), on the Channel.
2. TERM: The Service will launch on 14 May 2012 and continue indefinitely until Turner terminates it in its absolute discretion by giving users appropriate reasonable notice on the Website.
3. HOW CAN YOU PARTICIPATE? All images and the related animation must be submitted by the parent or guardian of the child featured. By using this Service each user confirms that he/she has read and agrees with these Terms and Conditions.
4. HOW TO ENTER: A series of images, between 2 and 40, in jpeg format, with a maximum file-size of 3mb each, and the related animation created by the Service must be submitted by the parent or guardian of the child featured (the “User”) together with:
5. GENERAL RULES AND REGULATIONS: By uploading the images, and submitting the animation and the data detailed above (the “User Materials”), the User confirms that: (i) he or she is the parent or the guardian of the child featured in the photograph; (ii) he or she has full power and authority to upload and submit the User Materials; (iii) all information given is complete, accurate and not misleading; (iv) the User Materials do not infringe any trademark, copyright or other proprietary rights of any third party; (v) the user Materials are not obscene, abusive or threatening or in any way advocating illegal activities and (vi) he or she has all the rights and permissions to use, and permit the Promoter to use, the User Materials in the manner intended by the Service and these Terms and Conditions.
Promoter reserves the right to contact the parent or guardian of the child featured in the animation by email or by telephone for purposes related to the Service, including without limitation, obtaining confirmation of identity.
Promoter further reserves the right, in its sole discretion, not to publish an animation, or to remove at any time and for any reason any animation already published. Due to the high number of animations submitted and the Channel scheduling, Promoter cannot guarantee that all the animations will be shown on the Channel. Promoter will determine in its sole discretion which animation may be shown on the Channel. Promoter’s decisions in each case are final. The airing of the animation on the Channel will be subject in any event to (i) the indication of User’s interest by the ticking of the relevant box at the time of submission; (ii) the signing by the User and the returning to Promoter of a release form which will be emailed to User (the “Release Form”) by Promoter when relevant.
Promoter is not responsible for misdirected, incomplete, lost, late, illegible, undeliverable entries, technical, hardware, or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions or other errors or problems which may limit or affect the use of the Service. The Promoter is also not responsible for other errors or difficulties of any kind, whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise, relating to or in connection with the Service, including without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Service, the processing of submissions, or in any Service-related materials.
In the event of sabotage, acts of God, terrorism or threats thereof, computer virus or other events or causes beyond the Promoter’s control, which corrupt the integrity, administration, security or proper operation of the Service, Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, cancel or suspend the Service (or a portion thereof).
The Promoter expressly disclaims any responsibility for any and all claims, actions, demands and/or liability for injury, damage or loss whatsoever relating to or arising in connection with use of this Service (regardless of the cause of such injury, damage or loss). For the avoidance of doubt, Promoter does not exclude its liability for death or personal injury caused by its own negligence.
Any dispute, complaint or request for further information concerning this Service should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org or CN Too, Turner House, 16 Great Marlborough Street, London, W1F 7HS, UK and must be so submitted within 90 days following a submission to the Service and specify the date of the submission and the name of the User. The Promoter reserves the right to shorten, defer, alter or cancel this Service if it considers in its sole discretion that circumstances demand it; it cannot be held liable for this on any grounds whatsoever.
These Terms and Conditions are subject to the laws of England and Wales. Any dispute relating to their interpretation or execution that cannot be settled amicably must be brought before the competent English courts.